National Homebuyers: Comprehensive Review (2023)
National Homebuyers is a cash house buyer that services homeowners and estate agents in the United Kingdom. Like many of their competitors, National Homebuyers provides an easy-to-use online home valuation tool to provide sellers with a quick cash offer for their property.
Their big claim is that they’ll “buy any house, in any condition and in any location within the UK, within a timescale that best suits you.”
They also claim to be a genuine cash buyer that provides customers with fair and transparent cash offers, and no hidden fees or costs.
But will they really buy ANY house? And are their offers really all that fair and transparent? Or are they just another middle man looking to low-ball homeowners on the sale of their properties?
In the following review, we’re exploring everything there is to know about National Homebuyers, so that you can decide for yourself!
Let’s dive in!
What you'll find in this article
In this article, we've put together the most comprehensive online review of National Homebuyers.
Below is a listing of all the information you'll find in our review, so you can easily navigate the page quickly and pick which section you want to read.
National Homebuyers - Main Details
National Homebuyers is a UK-based company that buys houses, with its headquarters located in West Sussex, England.
They serve homeowners across the United Kingdom, including England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Founded in 2003, the company has since gained a reputation for providing fast and hassle-free property-buying solutions.
National Homebuyers has received many positive reviews on various online platforms, such as Trustpilot and Google Reviews, with many customers praising their efficient and professional service.
National Homebuyers claims to be a genuine cash buyer, meaning they have the funds available to purchase properties directly from homeowners without the need for financing or relying on third-party investors.
On their website, National Homebuyers also provides helpful resources and guides for homeowners looking to sell their properties, including a free online valuation tool and a comprehensive FAQ section.
National Homebuyers Factsheet
*Data updated and correct as of 03/08/2023
- Number of employees?
- What is their aim to buy time-frame?
- How many sales have they agreed?
- Number TrustPilot reviews?
- Number of Google reviews?
- When were they incorporated?
- What are their Opening times?
- Which Locations do they buy in?
- Is a house inspection needed?
- What is their website?
- 11 active on LinkedIn
- Based on seller’s needs
- 408 reviews
- 110 reviews
- Founded in 2003
- Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- Anywhere in the UK
- No, they buy any property
What Services Do National Homebuyers Offer?
National Homebuyers offers a range of services aimed at providing fast and hassle-free solutions to homeowners who are looking to sell their properties quickly.
Some of the services offered by National Homebuyers include:
- Quick property sale: National Homebuyers purchases properties directly from homeowners, providing cash offers and completing the sale within a timeframe that suits the seller.
- No obligation cash offer: They provide a no-obligation offer to homeowners, meaning sellers are not required to accept if they are not satisfied.
- Purchase any property: National Homebuyers purchases properties in any condition, regardless of the condition, location, or the reason for sale.
- No fees or commissions: They do not charge any fees or commissions for their services, and there are no hidden costs, allowing sellers to save on the cost of disposing off their property.
- Free valuation: National Homebuyers provides a free online valuation tool for homeowners to get an estimate of their property's value.
Is National Homebuyers Legit?
Based on our research, National Homebuyers is a legitimate company that has been operating in the UK for about 20 years. They have a good online reputation and many positive reviews from satisfied customers on sites like TrustPilot and Google Reviews.
However, as with any business, it's important to do your own research and due diligence before entering into any kind of agreement with them.
It's also a good idea to compare National Homebuyers with other property buying companies to ensure you're getting the best possible deal for your property.
How National Homebuyers Works
Like most cash buyers, National Homebuyers offers a simple, straightforward process for selling your home.
Here's how it works:
- Request a valuation: You can request a free, no-obligation valuation of your property from National Homebuyers. You can do this online or by calling them.
- Receive an offer: Based on the valuation, National Homebuyers will make a cash offer to purchase your property. They typically offer between 75-85% of the market value of your home.
- Accept the offer: If you're happy with the offer, you can accept it and proceed to the next step.
- Complete the sale: National Homebuyers will handle all the legal paperwork and arrange for a survey of your property. Once everything is in order, they'll complete the sale and transfer the funds to your account.
The entire process can take as little as seven days, which makes it an ideal option for homeowners who need to sell their properties quickly.
National Homebuyers also covers the costs associated with selling your property, and up to £1000 in legal fees.
Can You Haggle With National Homebuyers?
Like any company that buys properties, it's possible to try and negotiate with National Homebuyers to see if they can offer you a better price.
However, it's important to keep in mind that National Homebuyers typically offers a fair price based on the market value of your property and their own costs of buying and selling the property.
Essentially, they need to pay less than market value for your home, so that they can make a profit on their investment.
The benefit to you as a customer is that they’ll buy your property without asking any questions, and they’ll do it in a quick and convenient manner.
The Pros And Cons Of Working With National Homebuyers
Working with National Homebuyers can have both advantages and disadvantages. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Quick house sale: National Homebuyers typically make a cash offer within 24 hours of receiving a request from a seller. The company doesn’t state how fast they’ll buy a home, but they mention they base completion times on the sellers’ needs.
- Guaranteed sale: National Homebuyers is a genuine cash buyer. When selling a house through them, there is no need to worry about broken property chains or any other delays that can occur when selling through traditional channels.
- No fees: National Homebuyers does not charge any fees for its services, and they’ll cover up to £1000 in legal fees.
- Lower sale price: National Homebuyers typically offer 75-85% below market value for a property, so homeowners may not receive as much money for their home as they would through a traditional sale.
- National Homebuyers are not members of the National Association of Property Buyers or the Property Ombudsman, so they do not have to follow or abide by a strict code of conduct.
- Their coverage for solicitor costs is restricted to £1,000, whereas other companies offer to pay the fee in full.
- National Homebuyers only operate between 9 am-5 pm, so it won't be easy to get in touch with them if you have any queries outside of these hours.
- Their website is quite cluttered and is not easy to navigate, affecting the user experience.
Quick Sale Firms
- Takes 6-9 months to find a buyer
- Some firms charge hidden fees
- Won't always buy any type of home
- Can take months if not true cash buyers
- Some firms do not offer complete confidentiality
- Not all quick sale firms offer a cash advance service
- Customer’s choice
- Covers up to £1000 in legal fees
- Buys any property, in any condition
- Is a true cash buyer
- Totally confidential
- May not offer cash advances
National Homebuyers Customer Reviews And Testimonials
|Trustpilot Reviews||Google Reviews||Feefo|
|408 reviews||110 reviews||No reviews|
|4.5 score||4.1 score||N/A|
|64 reviews 3 star or below||23 reviews 2 star or below|
*Reviews are updated and correct as of 08/03/2023
Overall, National Homebuyers is well-rated on TrustPilot and Google.
On TrustPilot, the company currently maintains a 4.5 star rating, with 76% of their reviews being rated as 5-stars. Alternatively, on Google, the company maintains a slightly lower, 4.1 star rating.
But what exactly are people saying about their experiences with National Homebuyers?
Should you be worried about working with a genuine cash buying company like National Homebuyers?
For starters, people already have a great deal of trepidation when dealing with cash buying companies.
Take, for instance, the following reviews from Diamond Red, who warns that people should avoid working with this company.
Please be wary of this company. They drop their offer throughout the process, once you're fully invested, committed with Solicitors input etc. Because though they offer to pay up to £,1000, if YOU pull out, because they are now offering silly money, you have to pay your own fees. I believe this is probably their usual means of operation. Assuming you will be so far invested, after 6 months, you will just accept the offer of two thirds the market value. Steer clear
Does National Homebuyers take customer privacy and confidentiality seriously?
Another customer complains that they’ve received “vast quantities of unsolicited marketing materials” from the company, leaving them quite unhappy with the way the company handles personal data.
I have received vast quantities of unsolicited marketing materials from this company. I have not consented to my data being used in this way. As you can see from other reviews, National Home Buyers blame third party companies for these spam campaigns. This is not an acceptable response. Who pays the third parties? With so many people complaining about the spam, you should not blame us for your business practices but sack your contractor instead.
However, no matter how good a company might appear to be based on their overall rating, it’s impossible to keep all customers happy all the time. And in defense of the company, the number of positive reviews vastly outnumbers the number of bad reviews.
So what positive things are people saying about National Homebuyers?
How helpful is the staff at National Homebuyers? And can they really buy my house fast?
According to Ken O’hare, despite his initial trepidation, he had a great experience with the company and recommends other people looking to sell house fast contact the company.
I was a bit sceptical at first, but I needed a quick sale on my house as my chain fell through. Honestly the process couldn’t have been easier, I spoke to Ciaran a couple of times and within a month, everything was sorted and I was able to move. Big thanks to the team and would recommend giving them a call
Another satisfied customer states the National Homebuyers offers an “engaging and reassuring process” and gave them a 5-star review.
Called today after receiving a letter from Lisa and spoke to Ciaran in regards to my property that’s on the market. Needing to sell quickly as I have put in an offer on another property and don’t want it to fall through. Looking forward to proceeding with National Homebuyers and feeling very confident and reassured by the process so far.
So as you can see, despite a few unhappy customers, most people who have dealt with National Homebuyers are happy with their experience.
But what do we think about the company?
National Homebuyers - Our Final Verdict
In our opinion, National Homebuyers appears to be a legitimate company to work with if you’re looking to sell your property fast.
They offer an easy way for potential sellers to request a quick cash offer for their properties, and there’s no obligation to accept if the offer is not what you’d expect. Their website is cleanly designed, professional, and easy to use.
They do appear to be a genuine cash buyer who stands by their claim of buying any property in any condition within a short amount of time.
Additionally, some negative reviews stated that people were receiving unsolicited marketing materials from the company, which leaves us wondering how confidential they are with user data.
Ultimately, National Homebuyers appears to be a viable option for selling a house fast.
National Homebuyers Factsheet - (Free Download)
You can now access all the key information about National Homebuyers in the Factsheet infographic we have created below.
Simply click on the image or the link that appears after the factsheet, and it will automatically download it to your device!