Open Property Group: Comprehensive Review 2023
Open Property Group is a quick sale company that functions as a cash house buyer and property manager in the United Kingdom.
They have a cleanly built website that explains who they are, what services they offer, and provides a wealth of other knowledge about the UK real estate industry, including information for landlords and tenants.
But what makes Open Property Group different?
The company's big claim is stated directly on the homepage of their website: "We’ll buy any type of property, regardless of the condition — and you won't pay solicitor or estate agent fees."
But how much of this is true? Will they really buy ANY property in ANY condition? And will they really cover all fees associated with the sale of your home?
In the following review, we dive into everything there is to know about Open Property Group so that you can decide for yourself.
What you'll find in this article
In this article, we've put together the most comprehensive online review of Open Property Group.
Below is a listing of all the information you'll find in our review, so you can easily navigate the page quickly and pick which section you want to read.
Open Property Group - Main Details
Open Property Group is a UK-based company that specializes in buying properties quickly and hassle-free. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Gerrards Cross, on the outskirts of London, England.
The company operates and purchases properties throughout all of England and Wales, regardless of their condition or location.
As of 2023, Open Property Group has a team of 17 employees who are experts in the property market, ranging from their managing director, Jason Harris-Cohen, their acquisitions director, Martyn Birch, and a slew of other employees, including property valuers, office managers, property managers, and more.
As a company that buys houses fast, they offer a range of services to clients, including cash purchases, chain-free sales, and property management, ensuring a flexible and tailored approach to anyone they deal with.
In our opinion, Open Property Group is an innovative and forward-thinking company that provides a much-needed service to the property market.
Their website is easy to navigate and provides a wealth of information for clients looking to sell their properties, as well as landlords, tenants, and anyone else looking for information related to the UK real estate market.
The company's commitment to transparency and efficiency is reflected in their online valuation tool, which allows clients to obtain an accurate estimate of their property's value in just a few clicks.
Open Property Group Factsheet
*Data updated and correct as of 03/29/2023
- Number of employees?
- What is their aim to buy time-frame?
- How many sales have they agreed?
- Number Feefo reviews?
- Number of Google reviews?
- When were they incorporated?
- What are their Opening times?
- Which Locations do they buy in?
- Is a house inspection needed?
- What is their website?
Open Property Group
- 17 employees
- In as little as 7 days
- 72 reviews
- 32 reviews
- Founded in 2014
- Mon-Sat - 8am to 8pm, Sun - Closed
- England and Wales
- Not required
What Services Do Open Property Group Offer?
Open Property Group offers a range of services related to the quick and hassle-free purchase of residential and commercial properties. These services include:
- Quick cash purchases: Open Property Group buys properties for cash fast, allowing sellers to receive a quick and guaranteed sale without having to worry about chains or financing conditions falling through.
- House repossessions: If individuals have fallen into arrears on their mortgage payments, and are in need of a solution, Open Property Group makes it easy for them to sell quickly and avoid dealing with repossessions.
- Probate sales: Open Property Group will purchase properties that have been inherited, making it easy for heirs to cash in on their inheritances.
- Sitting tenants: Rather than dealing with evicting tenants, Open Property Group will purchase your property and takeover any leases that may still be in effect.
- Commercial properties: Whether we’re talking about shops, offices, warehouses, retail units, or any other type of commercial properties, Open Property Group will consider buying it for cash.
- Property Management: The company already maintains and manages a substantial portfolio of properties. They can also provide property management services, where they’ll manage your properties for you, just like it was one of their own.
Is Open Property Group Legit?
Yes, Open Property Group is a legitimate real estate company that operates in the UK. The company has been in business since 2014 and has a proven track record of buying properties quickly and efficiently.
They are even a registered company with The Property Ombudsman scheme, which provides an independent and impartial dispute resolution service for the property industry. The company has also accumulated many positive reviews from clients who have used their services in the past, which further supports their legitimacy.
Additionally, their website provides a good deal of information about their services and the company's background, further demonstrating their commitment to operating as a legitimate business.
How Open Property Group Works
Open Property Group makes it easy to sell your property or property portfolio in just 4 easy steps.
- Request an instant cash offer: The first step in the process is to request a valuation of the property. This can be done by filling out the online form, contacting the company by phone, WhatsApp, or requesting a call back.
- Schedule a quick property visit: The company’s cash offer will be subject to a quick property visit, if possible. This is to ascertain the current condition of the property, at no cost to the seller. If visiting the property is not possible, the company requests that potential sellers send in a video walkthrough or current photographs.
- Choose your completion time: Once a cash offer is accepted, the next step is for the buyer to choose their move-out date. The company is flexible and since they are a cash buyer, they can often complete the selling process in as little as 7 days.
- Completion: The final stage of the process is completion. This is when the sale is finalized, and the seller receives the agreed-upon amount in cash. Open Property Group will work with the seller to ensure a smooth and hassle-free completion process.
Overall, the Open Property Group's 4-step process is designed to be quick, easy, and stress-free for the seller.
Can You Haggle With Open Property Group?
Cash buyers typically need to pay less than market value for your property. While this may seem unfair, the lower price is reflected by the fact that they’ll buy your property without a home inspection, without requiring you to complete any repairs, and in as little as 7 days.
While you may try to negotiate, the company’s offer is likely to be their best offer. That being said, sellers are under no-obligation to accept an offer if they are not satisfied with the price.
The Pros And Cons Of Working With Open Property Group
Working with Open Property Group UK to sell your property has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the pros and cons to consider:
- Fast sale - Open Property Group offers a quick and hassle-free way to sell your property, which can be ideal if you need to sell your property quickly. They can complete the sale within a matter of weeks.
- No estate agent fees - Since you're selling your property directly to Open Property Group, there are no estate agent fees to pay.
- No viewings - Unlike the traditional way of selling your property, you don't need to conduct viewings or host open houses, as Open Property Group will make an offer based on the details you provide subject to a single viewing.
- Certainty of sale - With Open Property Group, you can have certainty of sale, as they will provide a cash offer that you can accept or decline. Once the formal offer is accepted, the company is legally liable to purchase your property.
- Experience: The company has been around for nearly a decades and is run by a team with more than 50 years of combined industry experience. To date, they've purchased more than 1,500 properties in the UK for cash.
- Below market value: In order to function as a cash buyer and turn a profit on their investments, Open Property Group will make their offer below market value.
- No negotiations: When you sell to a cash buyer, their initial offer is likely to be their best offer. Therefore, unlike selling through traditional channels, there will be no room for negotiations.
Quick Sale Firms
- Takes 6-9 months to find a buyer
- Some firms charge hidden fees
- Won't always buy any type of home
- Can take months if not true cash buyers
- Some firms do not offer complete confidentiality
- Not all quick sale firms offer a cash advance service
Open Property Group
- Buys in as little as 7 days
- No costs to the seller
- Buys any property
- Is a true cash buyer
- Offers a discreet service
- May offer cash advances of up to 10%
Open Property Group Customer Reviews And Testimonials
|Trustpilot Reviews||Google Reviews||Feefo|
|52 reviews||32 reviews||72 reviews|
|4.7 score||4.3 score||4.9 stars|
|3 reviews 3 star or below||6 reviews 3 star or below||0 reviews 3 star of below|
*Reviews are updated and correct as of 03/29/2023
According to their website, Open Property Group maintains a 4.9 average rating on Feefo, which is just a tick below having a perfect score. That being said, we cannot find a webpage on Feefo with this information, and this rating is found directly on their website, which is slightly suspicious.
On another note, the company boasts a 4.7 rating on TrustPilot and a 4.3 rating on Google, which are still very good ratings.
And despite the fact that we have found some reviews from unhappy customers, the vast majority of reviews on any of the sites mentioned above are positive.
Let's take a look at what some people have had to say about working with Open Property Group.
I'm a bit worried about dealing with a cash buyer. Is the process complicated? How helpful are the staff at Open Property Group?
According to Karl Sheward, the company was extremely helpful, friendly, and efficient when it came to selling his home. Here's what he had to say!
The open property group were extremely helpful,friendly, and efficient in our house sale.Jake and Jason were brilliant with all aspects of their purchase of our house.Always returned calls promptly and made it a very quick,smooth sale.They are very trustworthy and I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Mark, another satisfied customer on TrustPilot also had a good experience with Open Property Group, stating that it was a "fantastic experience!"
Fantastic experience selling my property to Open Property Group. I inherited a property miles from where I live and just wanted a quick and hassle free sale which Open Property Group delivered on. I couldn't be happier with the service I received.
Is Open Property Group a genuine cash buyer?
Despite the majority of reviews being positive, we have also found a few reviews that make us suspicious of the company.
For instance, D.S. on Google, claims that the company isn't even a true cash buyer. Here's what they had to say:
Not a cash buyer, make you an offer STC and then just try and sell it higher while you still own it. Quite arrogant to deal with as well. If you have a problem property better off the auction route.
That being said, the company did respond to this negative review, stating that they had no record of dealing with this particular customer.
They asked the customer to contact them and claimed that they do, in fact, have proof of funds and can show more than 1,000 property transactions that have taken place since 2014.
Does Open Property Group have good knowledge of the real estate industry? Or are they just another scam company trying to make money on unsuspecting home sellers?
According to John Withers, the company is a "first-class organisation," with "complete knowledge of all aspects of property."
From every perspective Open Property Group is a first-class organisation. They have complete knowledge of all aspects of property. The uncertainty and anxiety associated with property transactions are eliminated by using Open Property Group. They listen closely to your particular requirements and then carry out your wishes, within a timescale of your choice. Their willingness to accommodate an individual’s needs is outstanding. They are excellent communicators by email, telephone or post and you will have direct access to the Managing Director throughout. If you have any questions or problems relating to property, he will provide the respective answers and solutions. His personal assistant is totally reliable and they use legal professionals of the highest calibre. Upon exchange of contracts, they can provide a significant cash advance to help you. Above all else, they possess that rarest of qualities :- integrity. They genuinely do buy any property and when the value has been agreed, they keep their word. Whatever your situation : whether you have to raise money in a very short time, or simply require a swift and guaranteed sale, these are the people to have by your side, as they skilfully navigate you through every stage of the property labyrinth, leading to the outcome you truly need.
Does Open Property Group offer a good property management service?
In addition to being a reputable cash buyer, Open Property Group also manages property and has earned a good reputation as a landlord. Here's what Stacey had to say about living in a property rented through the company.
I have been with Open Property Group for over 7 years now and i couldn’t think of a better landlord. They go above and beyond whenever there is a problem in the property i rent, i always have a response the same day and someone sent out very quickly to attend any problems. The whole team are always very helpful and lovely to me but especially Melissa, making me and my children feel very safe and secure in our home that we rent. I would absolutely recommend them to anybody and if you’re looking for them to be your next landlord then look no further! Top, top company.
Does House Buy Fast have any awards, or have they been featured on prominent websites?
Although we can't find any specific awards the company has won, they have been featured on a number of prominent websites, including:
- The Telegraph
Additionally, the company is also active on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube
Open Property Group - Our Final Verdict
Open Property Group appears to be a very reliable, first-rate company to deal with. More than just a cash buyer, the company also provides a range of services for those looking to sell residential or commercial properties, and offers property management services.
Their website is very well-designed, and provides a wide range of information for anybody interested in their services or in the real estate industry in general.
They've accumulated a good number of reviews on prominent websites like Google and TrustPilot, which also speaks of the legitimacy and professionalism of the company. Despite the very few bad reviews, most of what people have to say about the company is positive.
However, the company seems to pride themselves more of being flexible, offering a timescale that is adequate to the customer, which we do feel is fair when selling a home.
Overall, we think this is a good company to consider dealing with for anyone looking to sell their property fast.
That being said, we do suggest you do your own homework, and read the company's reviews and check out their website before making your decision whether or not to deal with them.
Open Property Group Factsheet - (Free Download)
You can now access all the key information about Open Property Group in the Factsheet infographic we have created below.
Simply click on the image or the link that appears after the factsheet, and it will automatically download it to your device!