Ask Susan: Comprehensive Review 2023
According to their website, Ask Susan was created to provide a quick and simple house buying solution for homeowners in the UK.
But the company isn't just another cash house buyer.
They are also there to help advise homeowners on the BEST sales solution and to obtain the best price for your home. With a decade and a half's experience in the estate industry, Ask Susan is run by a team of experts who have homeowners' best interests in mind.
In fact, on their website's homepage, Ask Susan claims that homeowners can obtain as much as 100% of the market price, and that the team is "buying houses quickly throughout November."
The company also claims to offer a "guaranteed sale quote within minutes," just by filling out a form on their website.
And to top it all off, at the top of their homepage, they state "best prices paid - guaranteed!"
But how much of this is true?
Who is Susan? Is she real?
Is Ask Susan the best way to obtain the BEST price for your UK home?
And is the quote you can receive through their website really guaranteed?
Below, we're exploring everything there is to know about Ask Susan to help you determine if they truly are the best solution for UK homeowners looking to sell quickly.
What you'll find in this article
In this article, we've put together the most comprehensive online review of Ask Susan.
Below is a listing of all the information you'll find in our review, so you can easily navigate the page quickly and pick which section you want to read.
Ask Susan - Main Details
Ask Susan is a seasoned player in the UK estate market with a 15-year track record of providing swift and hassle-free sales solutions for homeowners in England, Wales, and Scotland.
According to Google, Ask Susan is headquartered at 19 Market Pl in Macclesfield, United Kingdom.
Behind the scenes at Ask Susan is a dedicated team of industry experts lead by a woman named Susan Jones, committed to assisting homeowners in obtaining up to 100% of their property's market value in a mere 7 days.
The trustworthiness of the Ask Susan brand is reflected in the many reviews found on popular rating platforms such as Reviews.io, Google, and via their own website.
The company prides itself on its personalized approach, offering one-to-one service that goes above and beyond. Ask Susan understands that every homeowner's situation is unique, and therefore, they provide flexible sales solutions tailored to individual needs.
Sellers can benefit from adaptable closing dates, and no hidden costs, as Ask Susan ensures that they pay no legal or selling fees throughout the entire process.
So for those in search of a home-selling solution that combines expertise, efficiency, and flexibility, Ask Susan might just be the answer that you've been looking for.
But before you go making any hasty house-selling decisions, what else is there to know about Ask Susan?
Ask Susan Factsheet
*Data updated and correct as of 11/14/2023
- Number of employees?
- What is their aim to buy time-frame?
- How many sales have they agreed?
- Number Reviews.io reviews?
- Number of Google reviews?
- When were they incorporated?
- What are their Opening times?
- Which Locations do they buy in?
- Is a house inspection needed?
- What is their website?
- 7 days
- 24/7 via website
- England, Scotland, Wales
- Not required
What Services Does Ask Susan Offer?
Quick Home Sales: First and foremost, Ask Susan is designed to be a fast and hassle-free way homeowners can sell their homes on the open market. By using their services, homeowners can obtain pricing information, be advised on the best sales solution, and obtain a sales solution that fits their own unique timeline.
- Free Guaranteed Instant Cash Quote: Through Ask Susan's website, homeowners can obtain a free, "guaranteed" cash quote for the value of their home. To obtain a cash quote, all you'll need to do is fill out a few basic pieces of information, such as your name, address, and your preferred timeline. Ask Susan claims they'll send you a guaranteed price quote instantly.
- Repossession Advice: More than just another cash buyer, Ask Susan has an abundance of information on their website regarding repossession advice, including voluntary repossession advice, information about repossession law, and other pertinent information, which can be found via the Ask Susan blog.
- Competitor Reviews: If interested, website visitors can also browse a number of competitor reviews directly on the Ask Susan website. This is a great idea since it can help homeowners learn about other websites and companies that offer a similar service, so they can decide for themselves which cash buyer is best for them.
- Free informational guides: If all that weren't enough, you can also find an abundance of important information via the Ask Susan website, including advice on how to sell your home quickly, information about sell and rent back schemes, information on why you might want to sell to a cash buyer, user testimonials, and more.
- Scam warnings: Ask Susan even provides a section on the website where you can learn about cash house buying scams, what to avoid, and how to spot deals that are simply too good to be true.
Is Ask Susan Legit?
Yes, upon our initial inspection, Ask Susan appears to be a legitimate business operating within England, Scotland, and Wales.
The company boasts a comprehensive website, where users can find information about the business, their services, home prices, as well as find a whole slew of pertinent information about the estate industry in the UK.
Additionally, Ask Susan appears to be affiliated with the National Landlords Association, The Property Ombudsman Scheme, The National Association of Home Buyers, and they even support the Little Getaways Children Charity.
How Ask Susan Works
Like many similar companies, Ask Susan is designed to provide homeowners with a simple, straightforward way to assess the value of their homes.
Directly through their website, homeowners can fill out a simple form with their name, phone number, email address, house address, and a few other pertinent details, which allows Ask Susan to provide a fair quote for the purchase of your home.
Once the form is filled in, Ask Susan will then email the "guaranteed" sale quote directly to your inbox.
If the cash offer is suitable and accepted by the homeowner, Ask Susan will then advise the seller on the best course of action, and will help nail down additional details on timelines, solicitors, etc.
Furthermore, even for those who aren't interested in selling, you can browse the Ask Susan website to find a wide array of important estate-related information, including information on selling a home quickly, information on similar companies and competitors in the industry, repossession advice, and more.
The Pros And Cons Of Working With Ask Susan
As with selling to any cash house buyer, there are both advantages and disadvantages to working with Ask Susan.
- UK-based company - Ask Susan buyers properties in England, Wales, and Scotland, which means they should have a great deal of experience and knowledge about the UK estate industry.
- Free home quotes - Homeowners can visit the Ask Susan website simply to obtain a free, instant quote on the estimate value of their property.
- Experience - Ask Susan has been around for 15 years and is run by a team of experts, which means they have plenty of experience buying homes and properties in the UK.
- No fees - Home sellers will be glad to know that Ask Susan will cover all solicitors fees and surcharges, so that more of the proceeds of the sale will go directly into their bank account.
- Fast sales - Ask Susan provides flexible timelines according to the customers' needs, but can also help fast-track property sales in as few as 7 days.
- One-to-one service - Because they know how complicated the sales process can be, Ask Susan provides one-to-one service, which helps the process feel friendly, and more personalized.
- Competitor reviews - Through Ask Susan, homeowners can browse a number of competitor reviews. This can help homeowners decide for themselves whether or not working with a cash buyer is right for them.
- Regulatory oversight - As an added lawyer of protection, Ask Susan is affiliated with the National Association of Landlords, the National Association of Property Buyers, and The Property Ombudsman Scheme.
- Helpful content - Lastly, there's an abundance of additional information available on the Ask Susan website, including home selling advice, repossession advice, user testimonials and reviews, and more!
- Limited information - Although Ask Susan appears to be a legitimate company, there's not really all that much information available about who Susan Jones really is. Additionally, aside from stating that Ask Susan is run by a team of "experts," there's no information available about who her team is, and what they're specialized in.
- Relatively few reviews - As an online company, reviews and user testimonials can provide a great deal of social proof to hesitant customers. And although we've found more than 100 reviews on Reviews.io, there are only a handful of Ask Susan reviews available on Google. Furthermore, there are quite a few reviews available directly on the company's website, which is somewhat of a red flag since they could be writing those reviews themselves.
- Lower cash offers - Ask Susan claims they can help homeowners obtain as much as 100% of their property's value. However, generally, cash buyers offer at least slightly below market value, which allows them to make money on buying properties. Therefore, if you work with Ask Susan, you should expect their cash offer to be at least a bit below full market value.
Related: Who and what are cash buyers only?
Quick Sale Firms
- Takes 6-9 months to find a buyer
- Some firms charge hidden fees
- Won't always buy any type of home
- Can take months if not true cash buyers
- Some firms do not offer complete confidentiality
- Not all quick sale firms offer a cash advance service
- As fast as 7 days
- No legal or sales fees
- Helps anyone
- Guaranteed sales
Ask Susan Customer Reviews And Testimonials
*Reviews are updated and correct as of 11/14/2023
When it comes to the reviews we've found regarding Ask Susan, the first thing we should mention is that we haven't actually found all that many reviews.
There were, of course, a little over 100 reviews available on Reviews.io, but on Google, which is sometimes considered a more trustworthy source, there were only 6 Ask Susan reviews, which only boast an average score of 2.3.
Although Ask Susan have many reviews on their own site, we look at reviews on third-party review sites like Google, TrustPilot, or Reviews.io, where the information shared is likely less subjective and more trustworthy.
So what are people saying about their dealings with Ask Susan?
What are some of the good things people are saying Ask Susan?
When we dive into the reviews available on Reviews.io, we quickly see that 100% of reviewers would recommend the business, and from what we can see, most of those reviewers have been verified.
We should also mention that the Ask Susan reviews on Reviews.io boast an average score of 4.9.
So what are people saying?
Well, the very first review from Danny Burton cites Ask Susan as an "excellent website and fast home buyer."
Excellent website and fast home buyers. Try the cash offer quote if you’re looking to sell quickly or have a problem property you need to get rid of ASAP
The next review on Reviews.io also commends the quality and speed of working with Ask Susan.
The cash offer valuation form on Ask Susan is very good and fast delivery. Recommend if you need to sell quick and are willing to accept a lower than market price
And in yet another great review from John Matthews on Google, he states that he's worked with Ask Susan multiple times, and has always been pleased with the service he's received.
Ask Susan provide a very quick and easy solution for those homeowners who need to sell their house as quickly as possible. We have worked with Ask Susan on many occassions and have been very pleased with the service they offer.
So as you can see, some people have clearly had a good experience dealing with Ask Susan. But what about the other side of the coin?
What are some of the negative comments customers say about Ask Susan?
In a poor, 1-star review, Hattie Cleet says that the company was indeed quick in responding to her with a cash offer, but the offer wasn't anywhere close to what she expected for the value of her property.
Quick email back, but made me laugh that they say on a blog on the site that you should be aware of those offering low offers. They came back with an offer £43k lower than the house Value. Now who's the double bluffing scammer.
In another 1-star review, a customer claims they didn't even receive an offer from the company, and that they're suspicious about how positive all the reviews are about the Ask Susan.
No response from my on line enquiry - waste of time!! All the reviews on their website look good and that makes me suspicious.
And in yet another 1-star review on Google, the customer flat out claims that this is a fake!
This is a fake. Not an independent review site at all.
We should note, however, that many of these negative reviews were posted from 5 years ago. So it's quite possible that the company has change significantly since then.
Regardless, the fact that some people didn't even get an offer from the company, and others are flat-out questioning the authenticity of the business leads us to wonder if Ask Susan is truly a fake!
But what about those who've had positive experiences with Ask Susan?
Let's take a look at what other have had to say about their best price guarantee...
Does Ask Susan really help homeowners obtain the best price possible, GUARANTEED?
Well, in one of the reviews we've already looked at (above), the customer claimed that Ask Susan's cash offer was laughable. And that was, in fact, echoed, by another anonymous review on Reviews.io, which rated the company decently, but left us wondering if they really do offer the BEST PRICES.
A good resource but failed on the cash offer, too low for my liking! Hence 4/5
Elsewhere, according to Bev Hepworth, she also doesn't believe that the company offer the best prices, and suggest people should compare their offer with other cash buyers.
Not the best offer, but was clear and they appear very professional. Compare against over cash buyers would be my advice here....!!
And, unfortunately, in another anonymous review, yet another customer states that Ask Susan's offer wasn't likely 100% of the property's market value.
Handy if you want a quick cash offer to sell your hone without dealing with an EA. They are cash buyers so will be willing to accept a trade price and do your own due diligence!
So obviously, while Ask Susan might be a good solution if you're looking to sell quickly, their claim of offering the "best price guaranteed" seems to be a bit farfetched.
But what else are people saying about their experiences with Ask Susan?
Is the information shared on the Ask Susan website any good? How is their customer service?
While some have questioned the company authenticity, there's no denying that the Ask Susan website does offer a great deal of important information regarding selling a house in the UK.
According to a 4-star anonymous review, yes, the information shared by Ask Susan is legitimately good!
Decent advice on selling your house to a cash buyer. The pitfalls, scams and what toy should be looking for are all here. Get a quote to sell your house, it’s fast and pretty accurate.
And in yet another anonymous review, the customer states that Ask Susan did a great job communicating and answering their questions.
Clear communication and happy to answer my questions about the sale of our house. A good experience using Ask Susan.
And this same sentiment was echoed again in yet another anonymous review, but again, the customer states the cash offer wasn't as appealing as Ask Susan makes it seem it will be.
Useful for a quick cash offer, quick follow up and clear communications. Check it out if you need a quick sale only and are happy to accept a lower offer for an off market sale.
So overall, we can see that most people are happy with the customer service at Ask Susan, but less-so about the offers.
Does Ask Susan have any awards, or have they been featured on prominent websites?
From what we can see, no, Ask Susan does not appear to have won any awards, and they have not been featured on any prominent websites.
Furthermore, other than their website and the reviews on Reviews.io and Google, the company does not appear to have much of an online presence, nor do they appear to be active on any of the popular social media sites.
Ask Susan - Our Final Verdict
Overall, Ask Susan appears to be a legitimate business operating in the UK. But our verdict is that you should do your own due diligence if thinking about dealing with them to sell your home.
While the company may indeed be able to help you sell your home fast, we feel that it's unfair of Ask Susan to state that they'll offer the "best price - guaranteed," when we've found a number of reviews stating that the offer was much less than actual market value.
On top of that, while we have found a decent number of reviews on Reviews.io, we feel that the fact the Ask Susan houses a number of its review directly on their website is misleading.
On the other hand, we should mention that the information found on the website about selling houses in the UK does appear to be reliable. And, we have also found a number of reviews that commend the business' communication.
Lastly, who is Susan Jones, anyway? And is she real?
Well, unfortunately, we can't find any information on their website or elsewhere about who Susan Jones really is, or who the so-called experts behind Ask Susan are.
Therefore, we're unable to confirm or deny whether Susan Jones is real or fictional.
Now, none of this takes away from the fact this Ask Susan might be a reliable and professional business to deal with.
If you decide to use the company, we recommend you do your own due diligence by contacting the company and asking questions about their offers before deciding whether or not to sell your home through the.
Ask Susan Factsheet - (Free Download)
You can now access all the key information about Ask Susan in the Factsheet infographic we have created below.
Simply click on the image or the link that appears after the factsheet, and it will automatically download it to your device!