Housebuyers4u may change this policy if needed by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to make sure that you are content with any changes that may occur.
The expression “Housebuyers4u” or “us” or “we” or “our” refers to the proprietor of the site whose enlisted office is 2018 Housebuyers4u. Suite 331 Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
The expression “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018
What Information We Collect
Depending upon your use of Our Site and whether you have instructed us for selling by entering in to our sole selling rights agreement, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- Date of birth;
- Correspondence Address
- Property Address
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Payment information;
- Names of All Joint Property Owners
- Property Details & Description
- Property Interior / Exterior Photographs
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for ourperformance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will OR may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Provide our services to you, Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicate with you. We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our products and services and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us and we may offer property related advice and tips via email.
- Promote safety, integrity and security. We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent abuse spam and other bad experiences.
- We collect IP addresses and computer host names from users submitting information. This is done for the purposes of moderating genuine customer enquiries.
- If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please email us and tell us or, if you have consented to being contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, you will need to contact them directly. Alternatively, if you are registered user, you can logged in and change your contact permissions settings.
- Send you updates about your potential or current sale of your property.
- Use in creating statistical reports for our internal purposes like audits,data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention, in improving our website features, determining effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Supplying you with information by email OR post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails)
- Analysing your use of Our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve Our site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email or telephone or text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with ourobligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We use the following automated systems for carrying out certain kinds of decision-making or profiling. If at any point you wish to query any action that we take on the basis of this or wish to request ‘human intervention’ (i.e. have someone review the action themselves, rather than relying only on the automated method), the GDPR gives you the right to do so.
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may share your personal data with other companies for the purposes of providing services related to purchase or sale of properties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, ourobligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR. In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are or I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict ouruse of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and).
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to Housebuyers4u, Suite 331 Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX or email us at [email protected]
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request as soon as we can. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address.
We will instantly amend any information found to be wrong or inaccurate
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first-party Cookies and block third-party Cookies.
Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown in the table below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics, Infusionsoft and Responsetap. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the products or services offered through it.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.