We Buy Now: Comprehensive Review 2023
- Stating that they're the UK's biggest property buyer.
- They claim to be the #1 reviewed cash buyer.
- They'll buy your property without charging you any fees or commissions.
- And that they're willing to buy up to 100% of your home's market value! - In fact, they claim they pat roughly £25,000 more than their competitors for properties in good locations and in the right condition.
While these are all some pretty great things to say about your own company, we're here to help YOU find out how true these claims really are!
In the following review, we're exploring everything there is to know about We Buy Now, including who they are, how they operate, and whether their claims hold any water!
So, without any further ado, let's dive in!
What you'll find in this article
In this article, we've put together the most comprehensive online review of We Buy Now.
Below is a listing of all the information you'll find in our review, so you can easily navigate the page quickly and pick which section you want to read.
We Buy Now - Main Details
We Buy Now is said to be one of the biggest, and best, #1 cash house buyer operating in the United Kingdom.
Headquartered in Kent, this company serves as a subsidiary of the well-established Springbok Properties.
Although the exact number of employees at We Buy Now is not readily available, Springbok Properties, their parent company, boasts a workforce of 68 employees according to their LinkedIn page.
We Buy Now aims to assist homeowners in selling their properties quickly and hassle-free, eliminating the need for traditional estate agent services, home inspections or showings, and all without the disappointment that comes with long buyer chains and the possibility of buyers pulling out of the deal last minute.
At the core of We Buy Now's business model is their dedication to streamline and simplify the sales process, by providing direct cash purchases to homeowners.
The company asserts that they can deliver a cash offer to potential sellers within a mere 24 hours of receiving a request, which is pretty common among similar house buying companies.
But unlike their competitors, We Buy Now claims to offer the highest prices for homes across the United Kingdom, providing an extra touch of value for UK homeowners in search of a quick, and simple sale.
To underscore their commitment to their customers, We Buy Now will beat any like-for-like quotes offered by competing cash house buyers.
And they even take on the responsibility of covering the legal fees associated with the selling process, further alleviating the financial burden for homeowners who may desperately need the money from the sale of their home.
According to their website, the company has successfully closed over 15,000 property sales throughout the UK.
And their dedication to excellent customer service has been acknowledged with 27 gold awards, showcasing their commitment to delivering a positive experience for their clients.
They also highlight their collection of more than 7,300 independent customer reviews and videos, indicating both a transparency and commitment to feedback.
And finally, We Buy Now asserts that an impressive 92% of their customers would recommend their services to others, reinforcing their reputation in the industry.
So now that we know the main details about the company, let's take a deeper dive into everything that sets them apart from the competition.
We Buy Now Factsheet
*Data updated and correct as of 07/12/2023
- Number of employees?
- What is their aim to buy time-frame?
- How many sales have they agreed?
- Number Trustpilot reviews?
- Number of Google reviews?
- When were they incorporated?
- What are their Opening times?
- Which Locations do they buy in?
- Is a house inspection needed?
- What is their website?
We Buy Now
- 68 employees
- 7 - 21 days
- 2,961 Trustpilot reviews
- 1,218 Google reviews
- Freephone 24/7
- No, they buy any home
What Services Does We Buy Now Offer?
As its core, We Buy Now offers a quick and easy way to sell a home in the United Kingdom.
To accomplish this, the company offers three main services, including:
Quick house sales: Because their customers often need money as quickly as possible, We Buy Now can buy houses in as 7 days. On their website, they state most sales take between 7 to 21 days, which will be determined by the individual circumstances of the home and the seller's requirements.
Free property valuations: Through their website, We Buy Now makes it easy for anyone to request a free quote, which can help you get a better understanding of the value of your home. Note that, despite claiming to offer "up to 100% of market value, most requested cash offers are generally priced below market value. Therefore, the valuation provided through We Buy Now may not actually reflects the full market value of your home.
Guaranteed sales: One of the biggest problems people have when selling their homes is when buyers back out or financing conditions fall through. On the other hand, when you sell to a cash buyer like We Buy Now, once an offer is accepted, the sale is GUARANTEED to go through. Absolutely zero risk of long, complicated selling chains or buyers pulling out at the last minute.
Is We Buy Now Legit?
Yes, with more than 11 years of experience in the estate industry, We Buy Now really is a legit cash house buying company that operates as part of the Sprinkbok Properties group. They are headquartered in Kent, UK, and have thousands of reviews and customer testimonials to back up the fact that they are, indeed, a legit, and highly reputable cash buyer.
How We Buy Now Works
We Buy Now aims to make selling your home as quick and easy as possible. Therefore, the process can be broken into into three simple steps.
- Free cash offer - For those looking to sell their home, the very first step is to request a free cash offer through the company's website. From their homepage, you'll start by looking up your home's address, and filling out a few relevant details as requested. We Buy Now will then send you a cash offer within 24 hours of your request.
- Accept or decline the offer - Once you receive your cash offer, you'll have the option to either accept or decline the offer. As mentioned, most cash offers for instant transactions like these go in below market value. So don't be too surprised if the company doesn't offer top dollar for your property. That said, the main benefit to you is that you can access your cash fast, and there's no way for the deal to fall through. If you accept the cash offer, the company will contact you to collect more information, and provide you with the necessary steps to proceed with the sale. Note that there's no obligation to accept any offer, and you're perfectly free to decline the offer if you choose.
- Exchange documents and obtain the proceeds of the sale - After following the instructions provided to you by the company, you'll need to have a lawyer finalized the details of the sale, transfer the deed, and exchange the funds between the buyer and your bank. This might sound complicated, but the company and your lawyer will take care of most of the work, and We Buy Now will cover any legal fees incurred throughout the process. Once all legal documents are signed, dotted, and exchanged, you'll then receive the proceeds of the sale directly into your bank account.
The Pros And Cons Of Working With We Buy Now
As with any type of company, there are both advantages and disadvantages to working with a cash house buyer.
Here are some potential pros and cons of working with We Buy Now:
- Experience: We Buy Now claims to have more than 11 years experience in the estate industry, and is part of the well-established Springbok Properties that also operates in the UK. On top of that, the company has closed more than 15,000 sales in the UK.
- Direct purchase - Unlike traditional home sales, We Buy Now is a cash buyer, and doesn't need to apply for financing or obtain a mortgage prior to purchasing your property. The company will be buying it for cash, which means there's no risk of the deal falling through.
- Up to 100% of market value - Generally, cash home sales go for less than market value, and many times, similar companies will only be willing to pay between 70-80% of the properties current market value. On the other hand, if a property is in good condition, and it's located in a popular area, We Buy Now may offer up to 100% of market value for your home.
- Quick sales - Because they're buying your home for cash, the sales process can be completed in as little as 7 days. Therefore, if you desperately need cash, or are just tired of long chains, and buyers pulling out last minute, a cash house buyer might just be the way to go!
- Customer service - As a testament to their great customer service, the company has received 27 gold awards for customers service, and has amassed a whopping 7,300 customer reviews and testimonials. And if that wasn't enough, 92% of their past customers recommend their services!
- No price negotiation - Although they may be willing to buy your home for 100% of market value, most cash house sales go through at below market value. And while you may be able to negotiate the terms of the deal, in most cases, their initial cash offer will be final.
- Lack of transparency - Although they do have a well-designed website, we feel that it lacks a bit of transparency. For instance, their website is a single page site, and doesn't have any About Us information, which can sometimes be important to potential customers.
Quick Sale Firms
- Takes 6-9 months to find a buyer
- Some firms charge hidden fees
- Won't always buy any type of home
- Can take months if not true cash buyers
- Some firms do not offer complete confidentiality
- Not all quick sale firms offer a cash advance service
We Buy Now
- Buys in 7 to 21 days
- Covers all legal fees
- Buys any home
- Is a true cash buyer
- Keeps all information private and confidential
We Buy Now Customer Reviews And Testimonials
|TrustPilot Reviews||Google Reviews||Review.io|
|2,961 reviews||1,218 reviews||N/A|
|4.4 score||4.1 score||N/A|
*Reviews are updated and correct as of 07/12/2023
The first thing that strikes us when taking a look at the company's reviews is that, on their website, they claim to have more than 7,300 independent reviews. However, when searching either Google or Trustpilot, we cannot find any reviews for We Buy Now.
Therefore, all the information and reviews included below are based on the reviews we've found for Springbok Properties, the parent company of We Buy Now.
How is the customer service at We Buy Now?
According to Sammi, the company was great at handling both the marketing and viewings required to have her house sold.
Orla was great in handling the marketing and viewings for my property. She is friendly and helpful and always got back to me quickly. She helped negotiate an offer which I received in the first week and always kept me updated on the progress. I’m still to complete but extremely pleased with the quality of service received so far.
But she's not the only customer happy with their experience. In a 5-star review, Sue Sutherland states that she's been dealing with Springbok for about a year, and their services has always been professional and efficient.
46 Doncaster Road S66I have been dealing with Springbok for nearly a year for the sale of my property.
The staff have all been very professional and efficient.
Becci in particular has been so very kind and thoughtful as well as professional. She has gone the extra mile so many times.
And another, Miss Flint, despite only giving them a 4-star, had only good things to say about working with the company.
Right from the start, all the stress of selling my property was removed. My sales negotiator james, guided me and kept me fully informed at all stages. The viewings were well organised and well timed. The photo's and description of the property ensured a lot of interest and I sold my property within a year. Due to family circumstances I needed a quick sale.
Does We Buy Now make it easy to sell, negotiate, and complete the sales process?
Jamie helped us with the whole negotiation process, kept us updated on time, the whole process went very smooth. The initrial price of ours was set too low, but Jamie assisted us to bring the final price up as close to our expection as possible. Thank you
The reviews can't all be good. Are there any negative reviews for We Buy Now?
Take for instance, Jtan Styla, who warns that people should be weary when dealing with cash house buying companies like We Buy Now and Springbok Properties.
We found a property on RightMove which was listed by Springbok Properties. We enquired. Booked it a viewing. Offered. Offer was accepted.
Marc Sylvester then pushed my partner (who is buying) on the same day to for a £2500 deposit. We found this rather strange and after some due diligence we felt that we could go ahead with the £2500 deposit.
The process of buying was initiated and we engaged our broker, our solicitors and the bank. The process took time but in the end, all collapsed.
This is because Springbok Properties listed a property without properly conducting their own due diligence on what was deemed an "unmortagable property".
We wasted weeks of our time, we spent on fees in the hundreds and all Springbok could do was a paltry apology and declaring that they were not aware.
They chose not to take responsibility and cover our costs in what was a clear fault and failure on their part to conduct what I would expect any professional company to do; due dilligence.
Also, their onboarding software has all sorts of speling issues and UX problems. I would question the security and reliability of their outsourced software that collects your personal data.
Marc Sylvester was pretty good at what he does. His service was great so I won't fault him - but he is part of the Springbok company and therefore he inevitably will fall under the criticism and responsibility in Springbok's failure to conduct proper checks on the property they listed. We lost valuable time and hundreds of pounds. We did get our deposit back though.
Be wary when approaching this company.
We also found another 1 star review, where Nikki Millar claims that the reviews for these companies are fake.
The other reviews HAVE to be fake. After trying to buy with them, I am sure this is a scam. These guys are not on the side of buyers and were a monumental waste of time. I was the first to view a property on the market with them and put an offer in same day. They appeared to have accepted it but wanted me to pay near £3,000 to take it off the market, I instructed my solicitor and mortgage lender and then just days later they stopped replying only to find out they gave the property to someone else. A week later they go in touch to say the buyer dropped out and they wanted to discuss a new offer with me. For a company that says they make it easy, it sure isn’t on the buyers side. I left feeling cheated, gazumped and now it’s all finished, relieved I didn’t do the whole process with this company. My mortgage lender warned me not to go with them but I’d liked the house so much that I didn’t want to listen. Put your house on auction or with an agent for cash, in this market you’ll sell in no time anyway.
However, we feel it's important to note that the company did respond to the complaint with an explanation about their review process.
Therefore, while it's impossible to keep all customers happy all the time, it's good to see that the company does take their reviews and complaints seriously.
Does We Buy Now have any awards, or have they been featured on prominent websites?
From our research, we cannot find any mentions of awards that the company has won, nor have we found them to be featured on any prominent websites.
That said, they are affiliated with The Property Ombudsman, and although they're not directly affiliated with the NAPB or the NAEA, their parent company, Springbok Properties, is affiliated with the organizations.
We Buy Now - Our Final Verdict
Overall, as part of Springbok Properties, We Buy Now appears to be a genuine cash buyer, with a professional, and efficient process designed to help homeowners sell their homes quickly.
And while we've found quite a few benefits to dealing with this company, we want to highlight a few of the negatives too.
For starters, other than the ones on their website, we cannot find any reviews on Google or Trustpilot that are for We Buy Now. Instead, all of the reviews and information provided above are for Springbok Properties, which we can only assume is run by many of the same people.
Secondly, while their website is well-designed and looks professional, we dislike the fact that it's only a single, one-page website.
There's no information about who the company is (About Us), or any links to their parent company, which may seem suspicious for some potential customers.
Then, there's also the fact that the company claims to be the UK biggest and best property buyers.
However, as we already highlighted, we can't actually find any reviews or information for We Buy Now, only for Springbok Properties.
Therefore, we feel it's a bit misleading to state that you're the UK's biggest and most prominent house buyer, when you can't actually find any information about the company or who runs it.
And lastly, we feel that it's unfair of the company to state that they'll pay up to 100% of market value for you home.
While this may be true for some properties, namely those that are in A+ condition and located in the most sought-after parts of the UK, in most cases, the company will likely be offering less than market value.
And we haven't found any reviews stating they a customer has receive 100% of their properties full market value.
All that said, the company does appear to be a good choice for anyone looking to sell quickly and without any hassles.
You may not receive 100% of your home's value, but the process is simple, fast, and there's no legal fees to worry about.
Therefore, while we can't sit here and say you shouldn't deal with this company, we strongly advise you to do your own research. Read through the company's reviews and testimonials, check out our other reviews, and form an opinion of the company on your own terms.
Ultimately, just use caution and contact this company at your own risk!
Home We Buy Now Factsheet - (Free Download)
You can now access all the key information about We Buy Now in the Factsheet infographic we have created below.
Simply click on the image or the link that appears after the factsheet, and it will automatically download it to your device!